12.28.2005

Last Minute Dash

The time is almost here!! He'll be home Saturday! I am so excited. I can barely contain it. I already know what I'm wearing!! ^_^ He's such a smartass, I love him! We're talking yesterday and I'm telling him that I'm gonna hold up a sign with our last name written on it and I'm just gonna hold it up. There is no way I'll be able to find him amongst all the running crazy wives and soldiers. To also make it easier for him to find us I told him I'll be wearing pink, although that should be no surprise since about 95% of my wardrobe is pink. His smartass says, "I'll be wearing brown." *rolls eyes* Gotta love him.

So, anyway, I am busting my ass until he gets home to get the house cleaned and ready for him. I am a procrastinator, and a tad lazy, and have put off cleaning for quite a while. I have an entire apartment to clean in the next two days. Every room needs something done to it. If he were to walk in today he would think a bomb went off in this place. I have done nothing since he's been gone, I've just let the whole place go to shit. I tell you what, though, after the next couple of days I'll have learned my lesson. No more putting housework off. Really, seriously. You don't believe me? Yeah, I do talk a good game. lol

I've had my computer jukebox going nonstop today. One of my songs I haven't heard in a while came on and it made me stop what I was doing and think of Ray. It's "Cater 2 U" by Destiny's Child. I've never paid that close attention to the lyrics, know it's about doing things for your man. But today it stopped me in my tracks. A lot of the lines in that song are so close to how I'm feeling right now. Here are the first couple of verses that really hit me:

Baby I see you working hard
Wanna let you know I'm proud
Let ya know that I admire what you do
Don't know if I need to reassure you
My life would be purposeless without you

If I want it (got it) when I ask you (you provide it)
You inspire me to be better
You challenge me for the better
Sit back and let me pour out my love letter

Let me help you
Take off your shoes
Untie your shoe strings
Take off your cuff links
What you wanna eat boo?
Let me feed you
Let me run your bath water
Whatever you desire
I'll aspire
Sing you a song
Turn the game on
I'll brush your hair
Help you put your do-rag on
Want a foot rub
Want a manicure
Baby I'm yours, I wanna cater 2 u boy

I'm not a very mushy girl. Even after almost 6 years of marriage I keep a lot of myself locked up. This year has shown me that life is too short to keep your feelings and thoughts bottled up. You never know when you'll see your love again, if ever. I don't let him know how much he means to me, how much I admire and respect him, how I can't see my life without him as often as I should. I hope to correct that once he's home. I want to shower him with love and attention and cater to him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home