11.23.2005

What's a Little Poisoning Among Friends?

I think I have carbon monoxide poisoning. Yesterday maintenance put a note on my door saying they were going to work on the gas lines and that our gas would be out for about 3 hours. I didn't think much of this. I was able to cook last night, so figured the gas was back on. I get up this morning and notice a touch of a gas odor in the kitchen. Again, I didn't think much of it. I got another note saying they were turning the gas off again to do more work. We run up the street to do an errand and come back about 20 minutes later. The house now has a stronger smell of gas. It kinda worries me, but I just figure it has something to do with the gas being out. We go to do some grocery shopping and come back to being smacked in the face with gas. So I figure this is probably not good. I call maintenance and sit on hold for about 15 minutes before they're able to answer the phone. Then it takes the tech about 15 minutes to come to the house. So I have now spent about 20 minutes in my kitchen putting away the groceries, straightening up, etc. He comes out says the pilot lights were out, relights them and goes on his way. Also says he knows nothing of the gas being out again today, even though I received a note saying so. I figure all is well, open up some windows to air the place out and start to make the kids some lunch. Except the smell in the kitchen seems to be getting worse. And I am now feeling light headed and sick to my stomach. I try to start one of the burners and it won't come on. So I call them back and tell them the stove is still out. That was 10 minutes ago. I'm still waiting for him to come back out. And I'm really getting freaked out that the kids are going to get sick too. As soon as he gets his ass over here, we are leaving. I don't know where we're heading but we have to get out of this house until the gas is aired out. I am truly feeling sick now. Think I might need to call the hospital...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home