12.31.2005

A Day of Blah

I made a stupid stupid mistake today. I went to the welcome home ceremony that should have been my husbands. I don't know what possessed me to go. I knew better, knew I would be all weepy and sad. I guess I was just wanting to be part of it, to feel something. The last several days I've been walking around in a daze, numb. I did see one of our friends come home though, so that made it worth it. To know that my friends are all coming home to their familes or to start their families is just an awesome thing!
After the ceremony my day just went downhill. I was begging the boys to just leave me alone, that I was in a bad mood. They didn't get it. I went out on my stairs and sat out there for an hour or so, just to get some time to myself. It's kinda ironic that I'm depressed because I'm alone but yet all I wanted today was to be left alone. o_O
Now I'm sitting here with the boys watching the MTV New Years Eve show. I didn't even know who was going to be performing. It turns out that two of my favorite songs right now are being performed. The All American Rejects just did "Dirty Little Secret" and in a little bit Fall Out Boy is going to perform, hopefully they'll do "Sugar, We're Goin Down." ^_^ Not a bad way to end the year and bring in the new one.

**Edit- I just realized I didn't say that his flight got bumped twice. So now I have no idea when he'll be home. Guess my post will make more sense now. *smacks forehead* D'oh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home