9.10.2005

Up and Running Again

Yay! The tech came today to fix my 'puter. He replaced the motherboard and the power supply. I asked him about what the Dell people had told me about replacing my surge protector power strip. He said that isn't the issue. He told me to go to newegg.com (like Bobi said) and buy my own power supply. Said that the ones Dell has had them installing in my pc are only 250 and should be a minimum of 400, and that's more than likely the problem with zapping motherboards left and right. So, I am going to attempt buying and installing my own power supply next week. *ish skeered* Do you think getting a different power supply is the option to go with for now?
He also said that having "a friend" build one for me won't necessarily give me a better computer. Only if they buy the best parts and don't go for economy will a homemade pc be better than my Dell. So, I will just stick with my crappy pc until my warranty runs out.

3 Comments:

Blogger April May said...

Yay your back! About dang time lol

9/10/2005 3:12 PM  
Blogger Des said...

Ahh, the Bobi has spoken. Yes, Master Bobi, I will jump right on that. ;)

ufjejyfz- Why do I always get the impossibly long ones?

9/10/2005 4:52 PM  
Blogger Des said...

Oh believe me, there will be no opening up of anything with the word "power" in the name. The tech showed me how to switch it out. Said it can only fit back in one way so it shouldn't be hard for me to figure out. Plus I'm a quick learner! ^_^

9/10/2005 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home