8.25.2005

Rat Tails and Man Perms

Ok, before I go into my little story for this afternoon I have to give you a vocabulary lesson. *ahem* A commissary is "a supermarket for military personnel and their dependents, usually located on a military installation." So, therefore, anyone in the commissary is linked to the military in some fashion; i.e. soldier, spouse, child, civilian worker, etc. Ok, with that out of the way I begin my tale.

I went to the commissary after picking son#2 up from school. Tomorrow is our day for bringing snacks so I was picking up some pudding and juice boxes. I get to the checkout and, I shit you not, I see a dude with a
rat tail!! Now I don't mean he had a little bit of hair hanging down on his neck. NO, this was a huge 1 inch by 8 inches section of hair hanging off his head! Poor thing, I felt bad for him because you know he gets judged based on his bad choice in hair. And why are his friends and family letting him ouf the house looking like that on an Army post?
So, I'm just recovering from the shock of seeing a rat tail for the first time in several years when I spot some hair that may be even worse than that as I'm heading out the door. This dude was wearing a baseball cap and had a very large amount of streaked, permed hair hanging out the back of his hat down to about mid shoulder blades. Yes, it was permed! Very curly, kind of like a spiral 'do. And his dark hair had very wide blond streaks all through it. I can only imagine what it all looks like with the hat. I am not only shocked by his choice of hair but also by the fact that he is wearing Army pt (physical training) pants and was so obviously NOT a soldier. That took huge balls! Luckily for him it's a deployment, so there aren't too many soldiers left here to whoop his ass for that. I really wish at times like this that I had a cell phone with one of those little spy cameras in it.

4 Comments:

Blogger April May said...

lmfao! You would only find people like that where you live. *runs away*

8/25/2005 7:45 PM  
Blogger Des said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah...you better run, wench!

8/25/2005 7:49 PM  
Blogger Des said...

Well, to wear a portion of the uniform without actually being a soldier is an insult to them. And the bushy perm is just proof that he is, in fact, not a soldier. lol

8/27/2005 6:26 PM  
Blogger Spinning Girl said...

That look was HAWT in 1983--don't knock it!
Just passing thru... jaxnk ya later!

8/29/2005 4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home