9.11.2005

Sept 11

A sad day for so many... a happy day for me and my family. Today is son#2's 5th birthday! Yes, he turned one on that fateful day in 2001.
This day will forever be bittersweet for us. It's hard to be happy on a day that changed our country so drastically. I often feel guilty about today being a big day for us. I guess it's part of what they call "survivors guilt."
So today I am having a little party for him at the playground. I ordered a motorcycle cake for him. He is crazy about anything fast! I doubt anyone shows though, because I kept forgetting to send the invitations out. I didn't give them to the kids in his class until Friday, so it might not have been enough notice. I already had one call me this morning to tell me they have a friend from out of town in and are going to the beach. Two of my friends are coming but that's probably it. Oh well, no biggie. As long as he has his motorcycle cake and gets to play he doesn't care.

3 Comments:

Blogger Des said...

Do yaks like birthday cake?

I'm too scared to see a shrink, don't want to end up in the loony bin!

9/11/2005 5:38 PM  
Blogger April May said...

Yum Cake! Save me some :) I hope he has a great day Des!

9/11/2005 10:51 PM  
Blogger UberGoober said...

Kids love fast, to quote my son... "DAd I'm built for speed"

Have a Happy!

9/12/2005 9:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home