9.23.2005

Avatars

What pic shall I use on the blogs? The time-old question we ask ourselves when we start commenting here. How does one go about choosing theirs?
We've seen hand-drawn pics, PSP-altered pics, cleavage-baring pics, mullet pics, goofy pics and, of course, the ever popular no pic. Some try to choose a pic that shows them in the best light. Some choose one that doesn't show them at all. Some choose one that shows off their creativity or sense of humor. Some use one that will attract the oppposite sex to them.
When I first settled on mine I was in the mindframe that I'm not here to meet anyone or try to pick up a new man, one is more then enough, thank you. I wasn't in the mood to get hit on or asked if I'm looking for someone to fill the void my husband left when he went overseas. I get enough of that in real life (yes, we army wives are targets of scumbags who don't care about marriage vows). So I decided to go with a pic that I think is freaking funny and not really all that flattering. I was really surprised about the reaction to it. Just because I think it's a funny shot of me doesn't mean that others would, but they do. I have had a number of comments on my goofy pic. I really like that my goofiness can bring a smile to someones face now and then. :)
I am trying out a new pic for a couple of days. Just one that I made with a webcam. Just to change things up a bit. But don't worry, I will go back to my normal goofiness soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger UberGoober said...

You know I chose my pic because Pepe the King Prawn is my IDOL! He is the greatest muppet ever. Check him out in the Muppet's Wizzard of Oz, he was fantastic. So there was no question about what pic to use, he's so sexy, sauve, and sophisticated. SI` he is the greatest, OK.

9/23/2005 7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home