8.10.2005

Yuck!

Ok, I am NOT a morning person. At all. No question about it. I never have been, never will be. I can be quite grumpy in the morning if not given the appropriate amount of time to get over being pissed about being up. Well, now that both the boys are in school I have to get up and stay up. When son #1 was the only one in school I'd get up with him and then go back to bed. Ah, those lovely days are long over now. Now I actually have to get out of bed and put on real clothes, no lounging in pj's all day either!
So, this morning starts off not too bad. I'm my usual non-morning self but things are going smoothly. Nobody's running late, no arguing, we're good. I go outside to drive son #2 to preschool and am hit square in the face by an extremely noxiuos odor! I mean, it smells like they turned my street into the newest landfill. Today is trash day, but I have never smelled the street like this before. The garbage trucks had already run through about an hour before I walked out there. Why did it smell so? Have they not dumped those damn trucks yet this year?? Needless to say, this assault to my senses has totally messed up my morning. Who knows how much longer the scent will linger outside my front door. *sigh*

2 Comments:

Blogger UberGoober said...

The fumes of DOOM that linger on your street are from the Toxic waste that leaked out of the garbage truck when it went down your street. Everyones oozing trash has slithered to the bottom of the truck and turned into some sort of metal eating radioactive goo that now runs the lenght of your street. MMmmm the sweet smells of summer.

Enjoy

8/10/2005 9:01 AM  
Blogger Des said...

Ah, so that's it! I feel so much better now that I know. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge of the toxic smell. I think I'll let the boys play in the street after school.

8/10/2005 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home