9.24.2005

Excuse me??

Georgia has now been shifted to the very top of my list of dumbest states I've lived in. On Friday it was announced that there will be no school Monday and Tuesday due to a "possible gas shortage." What the hell??!! A possible gas shortage? This is the stupidest reason I have ever heard for there to not be school. And this is coming from a woman who went to school in a county that released us early one day because the weather SAID it was going to snow, but not one flake fell from the sky. My youngest son goes to a private preschool so he better go! I'm paying for those two days of school, damnit!! Somebody is going to need to refund me $18.50 if he doesn't go. And my oldest goes to school here on the Army post, so he will still have school. Since his school is federal, they are not regulated by the state. This is just insanity!!

Today we had soccer practice and a football game. Soccer went just fine, except for son#1 not wanting to listen to me about not running up and down the bleachers. Son#2 absolutely loves playing soccer, even if he isn't all that great at it. Football went MUCH better than last week. Son#1 actually got to play! I don't think I blogged about it but he played two plays in last weeks game. Today they did a much better job of rotating the players out, meaning they actually did rotate the players. They lost 20-13, but at this point winning and losing doesn't matter. This is just the training age anyway. My baby was so cute out there on that field. ^_^ His best friend plays for the team they were competing against. He got to tackle his friend a couple of times. That was the best part of the day for him! lol He looks so funny right now though because he has a bit of a sunburn on his face, but since he wears a helmet the burn just goes right across the bridge of his nose onto his cheeks. Soooo cute!!

While I was cleaning the kitchen after dinner I overheard a conversation between the boys. They were discussing show and tell at Son#2's school yesterday.
Son 2: Isabel brought a camera to school.
Son 1: Did she take pictures with it?
2: No, it didn't have any film in it.
1: Oh.
2: It had princesses on it. I don't like princesses.
1: She's a girl!
I don't know why I found this conversation so funny, but I did. "She's a girl" just seemed to roll off the tongue of #1, like it's some kind of disease or something she needs to be excused for. Boys, I swear!

There was something else I wanted to talk about, but I can't think of it right now. I'm sure I'll be back later to add it. Until then, happy blogging!!

*Edit: I remember now. Thanks to AIM playing movie previews right after it loads I found a movie coming out that looks good. (Now that the Star Wars and LOTR movies are done I have nothing to look forward to when it comes to new releases.) It's called Zathura. Picture Jumanji in space. This will definitely be on the list of must-sees for the boys. Last year was The Thunderbirds.

3 Comments:

Blogger FRITZ said...

Ha! I live in Georgia, too. IT IS THE DUMBEST STATE EVER. Only in GA would they cancel school based on a supposed 'gas shortage'. But as we know, education is really quite...secondary to everything else in this state.

I don't even have kids, and I'm pissed for you.

9/25/2005 8:28 AM  
Blogger April May said...

lol des what a cute convo just wait until they start liking girls better watch out i bet they will break alot of hearts.

9/25/2005 1:18 PM  
Blogger Des said...

Oh yes, in GA education is at the very bottom of the list. That's one reason I am thankful my son goes to a Department of Defense school.
Yes, my boys will be heartbreakers! No doubt about it. They are already too cute for their own good!
So Yak, I guess that means no "gas" shortage on your end, eh?

9/25/2005 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home