8.02.2005

Why is it that the beginning of the school year is so stressful? Shouldn't it be easy-breezy? I mean, your kids have driven you to the brink of madness for a couple of months and it's finally time to get your freedom back. But no, the whole damn process has to be stressful. Have you ever tried school shopping with a child who doesn't want to go? I wouldn't recommend it. By the end of the day I was ready to either scream or drink myself into a coma. Although I did neither.
So I go to check out a school for my younger son. He misses the birthday cutoff to enter kindergarten by 10 days. As if having Sept 11th as his birthday isn't bad enough, now it's keeping him back a year in school. So I go to this little Methodist preschool one of my friends told me about. They had space for one more. It's gonna cost $185 per month, which I thought was reasonable. At least it's better than what a daycare would charge. Well, my husband didn't think the same. He wasn't too happy about my find. He thinks it's expensive. So I guess I am going to have to try to find a part time job to pay for it. Which wouldn't be too hard if his school had normal hours, but they only go from 9am to 1pm. I don't know of too many places that will bend over backwards for a part time employee. Plus it's not like we have a huge job market here in good ole Hinesville! Unless you want to work at WalMart or a fast food place you're pretty much out of luck.
I also got both my boys signed up for sports. The younger one is gonna play soccer and the older one is gonna play football. He's wanted to play for a couple of years now but he's just now at the age that he can, he's 7. But I was reading the handout and the max weight for his age group is 110lbs. o_O A 7 year old that weighs 110lbs? That's one big ass kid! My poor little skinny thing is gonna get smooshed like a pancake!
Well my husband is pulling a new guard shift in Baghdad. So he isn't able to get online every day like normal. :-( But the place where he's staying has a pool so he's been able to go swimming for the first time since being there. He isn't in one of the cushy palaces that they show on the news to make it look like the soldiers have it so great. But he has a roof over his head, internet in his room and an air conditioning unit, so I can't complain too much. But of course as a wife I want more for him. I mean, if they have to be away from their families and everything they know for so long they should have more to keep themselves occupied. Hey, here's a pic of my soldier. :D

2 Comments:

Blogger Kay said...

What branch is he in? My buddy just got back from Kuait.. (ok, I can't spell at all...) She didn't like it so much over there, they were in tents, and the last month her water went out, so no showers for anyone.
I definately understand the whole not as good as they show on TV thing.. She's (the buddy) got some real horror stories from "over there."

8/05/2005 3:48 PM  
Blogger Des said...

Army. And I doubt that there are too many who do like it over there. They have had their water go out too; considering it's filled with e.coli bacteria that might be a good thing. o_O

8/05/2005 3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home